2 tbsp (1 oz) 25 g butter
1 large onion, sliced
1 clove garlic, crushed
3 tbsp (25 g) flour
1 (397 g (14 oz) can chopped tomatoes
1 tablespoon concentrated tomato puree (paste)
2 oz (50 g) stuffed olives, halved
2 (225g (8 oz) cod steaks
juice of 1/2 lemon
salt and freshly ground black pepper
25g (1 oz) hazelnuts (filberts), chopped
1 tablespoon freshly chopped parsley
1. Melt the butter in a pan and lightly
saute the onion and garlic until soft.
2. Sprinkle on the flour and stir in the tomatoes and tomato puree.
3. Bring to the boil, stirring continuously. Pour into an ovenproof dish and stir in the olives.
4. Sprinkle the cod steaks with lemon juice and season with salt and pepper.
5. Place in the tomato mixture. Cover and bake in a moderately hot oven (190c, 375 F, gas 5) for 25 minutes.
6. Just before serving, sprinkle with hazelnuts and parsley.
This recipe is from How To Cook Fish - http://www.howtocookfish.info